Monday, January 18, 2010

The King and I

I wasnt going to say much (and im still not) but reading my dude Octavious' article (www.made monarchs.com)about Dr. King inspired a few words out of me. Though we are not where we outta be after 42 years of  Post-Dr. King America, I MUST  say that the past year has proven to me that this Coutry has grown leaps and bounds. Growing up in the 90's I felt like with education I could do MOST  things, but being the president of the united state just wouldnt be one of them, but through the grace of God I was wrong. Im not saying the doors open for any black politician, because honestly, alot of them are TOO BLACK for a multicultural society, but ITS POSSIBLE and November 2008 was confirmation of that.
Imma stop right there because I really dont have alot of Introspection in me this morning, but I will say Happy B Day Dr. King, you DID  change the landscape of this country VASTLY, and for that I will be eternally greatful.




No comments:

Post a Comment